Saturday, September 13, 2008

Waiting out the weather


Katie and I are passing another damp evening away by curling up on the couch and relaxing.  It's been several days of this type of lifestyle.  We're not complaining.  But, we remain anxious for the excitement which awaits on the horizon.  Katie remains in great spirits.  She reminds me that this is not a time we should wish to accelerate.  There will come a day, it may be soon or it may be 20 to 30 years from today, when we will reminisce about this time.  We will look back to these very weeks and think about how great they were.  We'll think about how excited we were, how blessed we were.  How we were so unaware of the joys that were being ready to be bestowed on us.  And that is not something we should wish away now.  She helps to settle me.  So tonight our "New Roof" remains under construction.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute picture! Todd and I can't wait to hear the news that the newest Roof is here! Enjoy your last moments of being a family of three (can't forget about Charlie!). Love you guys!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness I am soooo super duper excited for you roofs!!!!!! I think this site is so cute, keep up the blogging and the adorable pics!!! I miss you guys and I cant wait to meet baby roof!!!!

sdady said...

Who will finish first in this baby race? We are going in Thursday (Tomorrow 6am) for our induction so keep us in you prayers. Hope all goes well when the roof is finally built. Big Dady and Momma Dady are awaiting little Dady #2 here in P-Town. Cassidy will soon be a big sis.